What you can do now during Brexit transition

Actions you can take now that do not depend on negotiations.

Preparing your business
From 1 January 2021 you will need to make customs declarations to move goods into and out of the EU. You should:
get an EORI number if you do not already have one

- decide how you want to make customs declarations and whether you need to get someone to deal with customs for you

Staying in the UK if you’re an EU citizen
Check if you need to apply to the settlement scheme if you or your family are from the EU, or from Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
Check what you need to do to stay in the UK

Travel to the EU
You can continue to travel to the EU as usual during the transition period.
From 1 January 2021 there will be new rules to travel to the EU, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
Check what you need to do to travel to Europe from 2021

Living and working in the EU
Living and working in an EU country depends on the rules in that country.
You may need to register or apply for residency. You should check that you’re covered for healthcare.
You may also need to exchange your UK driving licence for a licence issued by the EU country where you live.
Check what you must do in the country where you live